20 July 2007

You may have noticed that David Beckham is in America

ESPN is doing a fantastic job of overhyping Beckham's first game, which is supposed to be Saturday. The hype would be too much if he was planning on playing; From his MLS All-Star game halftime interview last evening, it sounded like he's not. He stated that the ankle injury is an 8-week injury, and that he's in week 7. He pointed out that he'll be playing in MLS for 5 years. And he said "[His career in MLS is] not a sprint".

Does that sound like someone who's planning on playing?

Apparently Victoria's reality show finished third in its time slot, and America hates her. Whatever. I think she's funny and looks like sex in robot form. And I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't know what that says about me.

Call me, Decepticons.

In other MLS All-Star game news, once again they forced some band no one's ever heard of on the television audience as "halftime entertainment". I have no idea what sort of thought process leads to this... If the band isn't popular enough to draw in viewers, who benefits from them playing? Instead you end up with your fan base going "well here's another half-assed MLS attempt at god knows what."

In other soccer news, I guess Chelsea's star defender John Terry broke a toe yesterday. I like John Terry, but I hate Chelsea. Hahaha, Chelsea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"sex in robot form"

i'm so stealing and using this liberally.

-spitz

Anonymous said...

btw, i don't know how to contact you so I'm leaving a comment that has nothing to do with the post.

Hope you don't mind, I'm borrowing some bike pictures. I'll give you full credit and a link to the page in exchange

god bless.

Jim said...

I also laugh at John Terry and Chelsea. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mike said...

Not a problem, Kevin.