16 April 2007

nice box

Saturday morning I awoke at 6 AM, jumped in the shower, threw on a pair of cycling shorts, a heart rate monitor, and two underarmor shirts, and headed to the Plainfield Aquatic Center for my first spinning marathon.

The marathon consisted of five straight spinning classes, for a total of 4 hours worth of simulated hill climbs, sprints, intervals, and general all around unenjoyable knee pain. I was asked to participate by my coworker and cycling partner, and before the event started, I asked him "what kind of asshole drags me into this?" Anyway, I survived, despite watergun fights, attractive instructors, and Ted Nugent music. I'd probably do it again, I guess.

After a post-marathon pizza run, I settled into my couch for Fulham/Reading. Fulham proceeded to not win, which they've done 8 straight games now. Relegation looms large, and that means I tend to yell at the television a bit more. I honestly don't know what I'll do if Fulham is relegated; it means no more Saturday games on television, no more weekly Brian McBride, no more wondering if Clint Dempsey will get any minutes (he did this week, and played well enough), no more wondering how Carlos Bocanegra can both make me happy and worried all at once (he was responsible for the give away that cost them the game this week). I can't imagine rooting for another Premiership team, but what do you do when you can't watch yours?

After a small break and an car stereo Ipod adapter install, I tuned in for RSL vs Columbus Crew. Columbus started hot and pressured RSL throughout the first half, but came away with nothing. In the second half the game turned around; RSL managed to not score anyway. 0-0 final. But I wasn't bored.

Sunday I did a whole bunch of nothing. I watched the FA cup semifinal, watched like 6 episodes of Entourage, attempted to mow the lawn (but my lawnmower is dead), and basically just sat around. And it was good.

I don't see anything exciting coming in the future. Except burnouts in my car. And right now, that's all I need.

3 comments:

Exit 465 said...

When you start off a post with the title "Nice Box", I think you're going to talk about something entirely different from soccer.

J said...

mike, when sre you not not coming to visit me? Im free for long time in summer. pants,

]on

Mike said...

it's false (but effective) advertising, chris.

jon, next year. this year is already booked up. how's next year for you?