02 March 2007

the emperors mismatched clothes

Recently I had a conversation with Gina in which I stated that I was suprised that Nike hadn't gotten their greedy hands all over Fulham yet. Since the Dempsey move Fulham have become the default American EPL team, and it seemed only natural that Nike would want a taste of that exposure.

I must be psychic, because apparently Nike is attempting to secure jersey sponsorship.

Fulham appear to be having some sort of problem with their current kit supplier (the French company Airness) anyway. It's true that Fulham's jerseys, shorts, and socks are made by Airness, but a quick view at the sidelines reveals that the warm up uniforms and coats feature the Nike logo. It all seems sort of half-assed.

I'll be happy if Fulham moves to a Nike jersey. It means easier access to the jerseys, and perhaps even a design that isn't shared with Lille.

1 comment:

Mike said...

You know, Dave, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to comment on that... even though I had no intent to bring the words "Horse-Sex" to the forefront, it seems they really jump out, don't they?

What does that say about me?