30 January 2007

Gooch goes to the toon

Although I'm sure Oguchi Onyewu would have been wonderful playing for Fulham, I can't say I'm sad to hear that he's been picked up by Newcastle. I've got no problem with Newcastle, after all, anyone who's seen Goal! The Dream Begins (not really too bad a movie, actually) knows that they're more than fair to Americans.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy for Gooch.

But I was wondering what Newcastle fans thought, so I pulled up a Newcastle-online.com, a supporter's site. Let's take a look at some of the comments about the signing:

Not a signing to set the pulses racing - he’s not exactly a household name!


Rocha for spurs looked like a better deal for me... dissapointing transfer window


I don’t know anything about this ‘Gooch’ Lad & hopefully he’s a world beater. But even if he is, surely both a Left & Right back are the priorities?


Is he better than the young lads or Bramble & Moore. I hope so. We still need a left back & a striker


are we supose to be happy by this signing? hes a retard Boro them selves rejected him.


But it's not all bad:

Decent signing I reckon, but would like to have seen at least 1 full back arrive along with centre half we have loaned and a striker!!


I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping this turns out better than they're expecting.

* * * * *

This post brought to you by Goal! 2: The Dream Continues and Goal! 3: The Dream Ends In MLS

No comments: