30 November 2006

Fulham 2, Arsenal 1

Fulham got their first win over Arsenal in 40 years yesterday. It was a really fast paced and competetive match, with a little bit of everything, including a Brian McBride goal, and a beautiful free kick goal from Arsenal's Robbie Van Persie. I watched the game last evening after my own game (a 5-3 win, I think... whatever, we won), staying up a bit too late probably... but it was well worth it. Probably the best Premiership game I've watched this year, and not just because of the result.

I also had a really great hamburger last night, a result of a short article I read in GQ which gave me an idea; A Los Angeles establishment is making hamburgers out of 28 day dry aged steak trim meat. Because I have access to things like 28 day wet aged steak meat trim (my source doesn't do dry aging), I thought I'd give it a shot myself. Using ground trim meat off steaks that end up in places like St. Elmo's makes for a fantastic* and tender burger that really just melts in the mouth.

I don't eat red meat very often, so when I do I like to use those calories on something really worth it. I'm quite happy at how my ground beef trim turned out. And I got 5 pounds of it for $7.34.

I'd recommend you try it yourself, but you don't have THE POWER!!! I mean, I don't know where you'd get it. And so I guess this post is kind of like one of those cooking shows where they eat really great things and you sit in your living room eating frozen pizza.

You're welcome.

* * * * *

*There's that word again. When spoken, I don't flair my arms around or anything, Debbie.

No comments: