28 September 2006

it's thursday! let's all quit our jobs, strip naked, and make baked beans

I've not been riding enough this week, so you can watch as any and all semblance of initiative or ambition slowly drains out of my ass into the couch. I don't even remember what I watched. I did play a little Winning Eleven 9. I watched an episode of Deadwood. I went to Wal-Mart. I have become the typical southsider, I guess, minus the wife-beater, bad haircut, and penchant for Papa John's.

Yeah, I'm talking to you, Bayberry Village.

Here's what I'm gonna talk about: The kid on this McDonald's small sized drink cup. He's not wearing a shirt, because they've photoshopped out the shirt and replaced it with the words "I'm loving it" in 14 different languages. That's weird enough, but what's really odd is that it sort of makes him look like a kid in a gorilla costume, or a character from planet of the apes.

That was worth writing about.

The night-time temperature has been absolutely perfect for open-window ceiling fan sleeping. I wake up to a cold room, but without a runny nose. I am not sweaty or sticky or grimy. I feel like an Irish spring.

But I still don't want to get out of bed.

Interbike is going on now out in Vegas. It's the bicycle industry trade show where everyone reveals their new bikes for the year. I keep looking for pictures.

Yesterday evening Gina claimed that if I bought her a bike she would ride the RAIN ride (160 miles across the state) next year. I laughed. I think she's serious. John was there to witness her claim. This should be entertaining.

I keep misplacing things. Yesterday morning I went downstairs, put my cycling sunglasses in my helmet, put my other sunglasses in my bag, got in the car, put on my sunglasses, and drove to work. I got to work and put the sunglasses back in my bag.

When I went to get my sunglasses from my bag, they were nowhere to be found, but I did find my cycling sunglasses in the bag.

I don't know how that's possible. My regular sunglasses were in my helmet when I got home. The two sets of sunglasses are so entirely different that I have no idea how I could have worn the wrong pair to work.

I think it was a miracle.

I'm taking a whole week off to go to Tennessee/North Carolina/maybe Georgia/whatever. I'm just going to ramble. The best vacations are vacations where you're in another city and don't have a weekday job to report to. I think.

Mark and Jamie's wedding is this weekend. I'm wearing a pink jumpsuit and a headband that reads "COME ON RIDE THE TRAIN". It's a big headband.

I wouldn't blame you if you never read this again.

No comments: