31 August 2006

good times

It's been an interesting week already.

*Don't look now, but Real Salt Lake is tied for the fourth and final playoff spot in MLS' Western Conference. All that talk from Mr. Pastorino is coming to fruition. I KNEW IT, even when the team was losing left and right. Although I almost jumped on that Fire Coach Ellinger bandwagon.

Anyway, I'm not counting unhatched chickens, but it's been interesting so far.

*I finally got Gina on a bike last night. Gina isn't really fond of bikes, so I've been whispering bike positive messages into her ear while she sleeps. Yesterday she put in 7 or so miles on the Miyata. It doesn't fit her, but I'll buy her a bike if she'll ride it.

*I got an email at work today from a customer who wished to share his frustrations about the poor design of our company website. He actually called it "the most frustrating and worst I have ever seen". You can be the judge of that. It doesn't fill your huge screen, but neither does this.

I should point out that I am completely responsible for the website (apart from the catalog and order entry sections). No one else has ever touched it. I wrote every last bit of the code for it, did all the graphics, and wrote 90% the content. And I sort of hate it.

*Sunday evening, Gina and I went to see An Adult Evening of Shel Silverstein. Afterwards we shortly discussed how theater is a much more demanding form of entertainment than television. In fact, it sort of makes me uptight and nervous. Perhaps I should drink more.

The show was very entertaining.

*I'm back on a 2000 calorie a day diet, though I haven't actually hit 2000 calories a day yet. I'm being completely anal about tracking everything on fitday, including inputting the nutritional information of absolutely everything I eat. Two baby carrots are noted. It's the only way I'll stick to it.

I'll let you know when I'm a 160 pound stickboy bike racer.

*I found out from my pal Steve Pastorino that he'll be in Indianapolis in January for the MLS draft (or something), and we've made plans to visit Brugge Brasserie while he's in town. I've already suggested that he use his draft pick on me; we'll have to see how that goes. I haven't played well in over 30 years, but I haven't given up hope yet.

*I've added more links at the left: A link to Jon's sister Becca's blog because I have a feeling she'll never update it, and I enjoy the company of Jon's siblings, at least Erin. Sarah seems to be pretty ok too. Becca seems to be the skinniest.

There's also a link to quiet american, which is a blog that features 1 minutes audio clips of anywhere else. Speaking of that, here's 45 or so seconds of silence I recorded while on top a mountain pass in Yellowstone.

*Oh yeah... new albums from Clinic, The Rapture, and Justin Timberlake leaked. I don't know if they're good or not yet, because I haven't had time to get through them. Let me know if you need a hookup and I'll direct you to the nearest record store. Piracy is theft.

*I'll be in Trenton Illinois this weekend for those who like to know that sort of information.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're having the Labor Day party at the clubhouse on Sunday. You're welcome to stop by. Or you could at least call a guy and come see his new house.
I'll be in Nashville Saturday morning to meet with the photographer, after that I should be around.

J said...

Hey mike. I didn't even know that becca had that blog! She much more oftener updates her blog on myspace at this place.

Link to that for better updates...if fact, i dunno why I haven't yet.

Keep those 2000 calories and shove them. I eat about that many calories a day too...but I don't really try to keep it there. Some Nights I drink 2000 calories worth of beer, too. But my figure, it is still ok. I also only bike or walk everywhere, and not owning a tv keeps me off my ass. I don't look forward to the calorie/stillness jump apon return to USA.

Shit.

scot said...

Is it crazy that I LOVE that new Justin Timberlake album?

Anonymous said...

HOLY SHIT. You've probably seen this, it's an acoustic cover of Outkast's "Hey Ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ioKEDgnfs8

Mike said...

Scot.. I think probaby no. I don't know which version of the JT album I've got, but I don't think it's the right one. There's a lot of tracks floating around right now.

I liked his last one pretty well, and this one is a bit more adult.. so I don't blame you.

Mike said...

jon, shit is right.

mark, i haven't seen that, but i will now.

torporindy said...

I am glad to know that there are others out there who secretly (or not so secretly) like the new Justin Timberlake stuff.

Anonymous said...

You know what's the best, other than Justin Timberlake that is?

The complete Conan audiobooks.

for real.

They are so amazingly awsome.

check it out.

scot said...

i will say this, I will be in cinci for a wedding this weekend, and if sexyback isn't played i will be very sad.