05 July 2006

all this and MORE CAN BE YOURS!

I just received an email from Rusty with the Columbus Crew:
From: Rusty Comeaux [mailto:rcomeaux@thecrew.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 1:58 PM
To: Rusty Comeaux
Subject: Columbus Crew vs. Everton FC

Hello,

I wanted to check and see if you have been able to make it back out to Columbus Crew stadium since the US vs. Mexico game last year? If not, July 26th would be a great game to catch. Everton FC of the English Premier League will be coming over from England to play against our very own Columbus Crew! It will be a very exciting game and I wanted to make sure that I sent out both special offers that I have out right now. Let me know if you are interested in attending. My direct line is below and our offers are attached. Thanks.

Rusty

Russell A. Comeaux
Corporate Ticket Sales Executive
Columbus Crew
1 Black & Gold Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43211
Direct: 614-447-4189
Fax:614-447-4114
rcomeaux@thecrew.com
The offers are as follows:
Join us to watch Eddie Gaven & The Crew battle US National Team Star Tim Howard & Everton FC of the English Premier League & receive one (1) Columbus Crew/Everton FC Commemorative Scarf to mark the occasion!!!

Columbus Crew vs. Everton FC
Wednesday, July 26, 7:30 pm
Midfield July 26 7:30 PM $30.00
Commemorative Scarves are limited and subject to availability
HANDLING (per order) $ 5.00

or

LA Galaxy - Everton Combo Pack
Come see some of the best soccer talent in the world at Crew Stadium. This ticket package includes one ticket for two great matches. On Saturday, July 22 watch The Crew battle Landon Donovan and the L.A. Galaxy at 4:00p.m., and on Wednesday, July 26 at 7:30p.m., watch The Crew take on Everton of the English Premier League - All for one low price!

Midfield July 22 & 26 4:00 & 7:30 $35.00
North End July 22 & 26 4:00 & 7:30 $25.00
HANDLING (per order) $ 5.00
I'd love to go to the game but I'll be in Yellowstone that week; I just thought I'd offer everyone a heads up if they're interested. Give Rusty a call, and tell him I sent you.

* * * * *

My bicycle reached its first birthday and I forgot to brag on the 2600 miles I've put on it. Actually, I've spent 2600 miles on two bikes, because I've already had my frame replaced.

That's an average of 7.12 miles a day, which, frankly, I think sucks. I can do much better. And I will. But considering that I tend not to ride most of December or January or February, I suppose I do ok.

Yesterday I celebrated the fourth by riding the Terre Haute to Plainfield leg of the RAIN route with my ride partner. It's the hilliest section of the course (at least as far as we know right now) so we wanted to be sure we were ready.

I'm ready, anyway.

There was a time not so long ago where a 60 mile ride would have scared me, and I would have had to plan the next day for recovery time. Now I can ride 90 miles and go home and spend the rest of the day regularly. I suppose that means I'm bike fit.

But I won't know for sure until the 15th. This Saturday we'll be riding from my house (which is right off the route) to Richmond to scout out that end of the ride. Hot dog.

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, only because I think I'm really ready. Oh boy oh boy.

No comments: