08 June 2006

what's on tap for friday morning

You may recall a previous post I made about a couple of comedians I know (a post I can't seem to find now). John Garrett was one of those comedians, and he also happens to live in my spare bedroom. He'll be on the Bob and Tom Show this morning (June 9th) from around 9 - 9:30 AM. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you listened. And if you think he's horrible, you can meet him in person Monday when he'll be with me at Radio Radio for the USMNT World Cup game. Feel free to walk up and punch him in the shoulder.

* * * * *

In additional World Cup research, I'm currently watching a replay of the US/Portugal game from World Cup 2002, and I'm suddenly feeling 100% better about our chances this time. What I had forgotten was that we hardly looked like we belonged on the field against Portugal, and yet we won. At least on looks, we're a 100% better squad this time. I mean... Jeff Agoos? I just think the guys play a much better brand of soccer now, and there's no reason we should be outclassed this time. We definitely belong.

There's the 2-0 Donovan goal. Remember the call "Shock the World!"?

Maybe I'm overconfident, but I think we'll go undefeated this time. And if not? I'll already be drinking.

2 comments:

J said...

do you mean undefeated in group play, or undefeated in the whole damned tournament? If the latter, cool! I hope you are righter than rain.

scot said...

Nice! I caught the end of the Mexico replay on ESPN classic yesterday, and suddenly had a surge of confidence myself. I see is getting 2 wins and a draw in group. I can't wait. Taking a half day today to hit radio radio and I will be down there Monday as well for the US game. I can't wait.