30 June 2006

the tour de effed

Is that how you'd spell F'd? Effed? Anyway...

Today came the news that both Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich have both been banned from the Tour De France. It's horrible news because both fellas were favorites, and also because the sport of cycling is becoming a parade of allegation after allegation, and that just ruins the fun. Legalize everything, I guess. While I'm not the hugest fan of the sport, I do enjoy the tour quite a bit, and was hoping to see a very strong Basso this year. I've been known to ride in his teams' shorts.

In other exciting cycling news, I got another pinch flat on the way to work this morning. Apparently I should be running wider and/or more expensive tires. Or I should learn how to install innertubes. I managed to get it changed out in roughly 7 hours time and proceeded on to work, where I now sit.

I'd like to see George Hincapie win the tour, in case you're wondering. I'd like to see Scott Speed place at the USGP this weekend, and I'd like to see Italy lose as soon as possible in the World Cup.

Posts like these are why people shouldn't write blogs. But anyway..

No comments: