11 June 2006

crap + cavalcade = crapplecade

Well after watching a full weekend of World Cup soccer, I can honestly say I've been completely underwhelmed. Aside for the wonderful (and yet ultimately futile) possession skills of the Dutch, I have yet to be impressed by a World Cup side. Even the teams that have started strong have quickly fallen into a boring defensive shell, and it seems as though none of the underdog teams are really that interested in winning.

But I didn't watch the Argentina game. And I gave up on the Mexico game at halftime. So..

But tomorrow everything changes. I still stand by my prediction. We're going undefeated.

* * * * *

I got the time to take the new bike out for a 30 or so mile cruise today. After changing the front tire I was ready to go. The bike rides like butter (my LeMond rides like a bony squirrel) and I'm afraid that I might end up liking the $10 bike more than the $950 bike.

I already ordered a new seat, tires, and handlebar tape for the new bike... it will soon have bright blue tires, a bright blue seat, and bright blue handlebars. It should be quite ugly. I can't wait. I also ordered a book so I can finally learn how to fix things I break. Sound like trouble.

* * * * *

2-1 tomorrow?

2 comments:

scot said...

3-1

J said...

10-2