18 May 2006

tight pants and fruity little hats (i own both)

I just received a phone call from a coworker who wanted to know if "I wear those bike shorts with the pad in the butt."

"Yes."

"Do you wear something over them?"

"Yes, when I ride to work I do. Obviously."

* * * * *

Just not in time for bike week, the IMAX theater at the State Musuem will be showing Wired To Win, a film about the Tour De France and the human brain. I know next to nothing about this movie, but when my Indy Critical Mass* email hit my box with the details, I went ahead and ordered tickets* anyway. It's a "one time test screening", and will be showing next Thursday, the 25th, at 7:30 pm. I'd highly recommend it if I knew anything about it. The trailer looks cool, anyway, and I think those guys are riding Colnagos, which means absolutely nothing to anyone who wouldn't be caught dead in one of these hats*.


*I have never actually participated in this event

*Warning: Ordering page doesn't work with firefox

*That's could almost be considered pulling out a Breaking Away reference. And maybe one of those double negative things. All in one sentence.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Bike pants have padded butts?! Is that your secret? I went for a very short ride yesterday around the neighborhood and my tush is very angry with me today. I thought it might be the angle of the seat, but now that I know about the magic bike pants, I'm not going to bother trying to find tools to adjust the seat.