04 April 2006

crackas

You may have noticed the links to various comedians' website in the link list to the right. And now I will explain why they are there...

John Garrett, an Indianapolis-based touring comedian, went to Wesclin High School* in Trenton, Illinois, where he was a so-so midfielder (easily overshadowed by his sometime midfield partner... I'll let you figure out who that is on your own). He later attended Notre Dame, took various jobs, and then decided he hated working. Now he lives in my house (like four days a month) when he's not on the road. He's been on Bob and Tom and stuff. He's very good at what he does, and horrible at everything else (including Winning Eleven 8).

Keith Alberstadt is based out of Nashville, or maybe it's New York now. Keith is hilarious, and he's performing at Crackers this week. Here's that info (direct from the email he sent thousands of people):
(I should be headlining the show on Wednesday night. The rest of the week will be with former Saturday Night Live cast member Victoria Jackson) Wed. - Sunday April 5-9
Showtimes: Wed and Thur. 8:30 / Fri and Sat. 8:00 and 10:30 / Sunday 8:00 Crackers in Broad Ripple
6281 N. College Ave.
317-255-4211
Web: www.crackerscomedy.com
Keith is a Bob and Tom regular, and he knows my cat/couch personally.

Eric Hunter has slept on my couch and eaten my stuffed chicken. I don't really know him that well, but he was funny on Bob and Tom.

Anyway, I guess I should point out that I'm not a regular Bob and Tom listener (it's not really my thing, I guess), but all these guys are very good at what they do. If you get the chance to catch Keith this week, you should. I personally guarantee it's worth your time. I cannot speak for Victoria Jackson, though I'm sure she's quite lovely.



*Famous Wesclin Alums: um... former Seattle Supersonic Russ Schoene, former Minnesota Twin/Arizona Diamondback and current Wesclin HS basketball coach Brent Brede, former Iowa Hawkeye/Southern Illinois Saluki and current Purdue Basketball assistant coach Paul Lusk)

*Gina, I know you find this hilarious.

No comments: