02 April 2006

Chivas USA vs. Real Salt Lake

I went ahead an bought the DirectKick package... that bill doesn't come for a month anyway.

Here's my notes from the game:

I've got one of those horns; I brought it to a National team game in St. Louis many years ago. I didn't blow into it all game, though... how come you never hear those horns in the Premier League? I think maybe they hurt the chances of the fans ever singing. I prefer singing, I think.

RSL's goalie (Scott Garlick) looks like George Michael. I wonder if I'm the first person to notice.

I saw Eddie Pope play against England in Chicago... let's hope it's not the same Eddie Pope in this game.

Looked like someone got tripped behind the play on that first goal...

Nice shot on the second goal... that guy had a ton of space. Who's to blame? Tell me it isn't Eddie Pope.

Mehdi Ballouchy is having an ok game... though he seems to keep dissapearing. That's ok though, Wayne Rooney does that too. Nice almost goal. He gets the 10 shirt as a rookie?

Razov's second goal was a pretty shot. It would be tough to root for Chivas, I'm a little biased against Mexico... it's a national team thing. Did I hear them say something about "The Chivas Girls?" Hmm.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention... is it normal to deluge your own keeper with streamers? Seems a bit backward to me. I'm sure there's an explanation here and I'm just ignorant.

RSL hasn't look together at all... anywhere on the field. I do like the ugly/nice uniforms though... they're sort of brilliantly hideous. I mean that as a compliment, really. I like them for the same reason I like Fernando Alonso's F1 cars. I feel bad because their GM might read this, though. Actually that's kind of funny. HEY I THINK I JUST SAW THE CHIVAS GIRLS IN THE BACKGROUND!

Three touches on a free kick? Put it on goal!

It's the 83rd minute and I think someone just told RSL that they're supposed to try to score. I don't mean for this to be so brutal... I'm starting to feel bad about it... but it's been a pretty brutal game since I've got a rooting interest in RSL... my new favorite GM Steve had me convinced that my support was going to make all the difference in RSL's road performance.

Oh well, I'm a Fulham fan, I'm used to road losses.

I've got the New York/DC game tivo'ed... I'll try to watch that tomorrow. I guess I'm rooting for DC there, since New York doesn't have email.

2 comments:

J said...

hey mike, this whole hometeam-finding mission and its addings up are quite cool, man. I would support RSL most certainly because of the time the GM spent to write you that response. That's genuine coolness. Of course, if St. Louis had a team, (why don't they??) I'd support them, & RSL would be regulated by the B list rules... check the handbook.

Right now, the Arizona Cardinals are my B list.

Also, I support Everton, if your interested. lates, bra, JOn

Jim said...

I'm glad to see that you're giving MLS another shot.

As Scot mentioned in a previous post of yours, I am a Fire supporter. Although our current club president seems to be interested more in $$ than in the supporters, our defense is the slowest in the league, and our coach is out to lunch half the time, I would urge you to throw your support to the Fire, e-mail from the RSL guy notwithstanding. The reason: because the atmosphere at Fire games is great, and with Bridgeview opening up in June, it will only get better. Go to a Fire game and you'll see what I'm talking about.