12 January 2006

sit

the cardigans - i need some fine wine and you, you need to be nicer

You may only know the Cardigans from that old track "Lovefool" which shows up about every six months in commercials for made for TV albums with titles like "SUPERHITS FROM THE 90'S". Love me love me.

Anyway, They did alot after that. They don't really get any attention anymore, and that's a shame because they're quite good.

As it turns out, their latest album hasn't been released in the states yet. I don't know why exactly, and taking the time to investigate that would only lead me to write more about them than I want to.

Anyway, this track "I need some fine wine and you, you need to be nicer", is from Super Extra Gravity, the new Cardigans album. There were alot of commas in that last sentence.

There's a video for this song as well, if you're into looking at Nina Persson. I wouldn't blame you. She's Swedish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a dang shame they've fallen off the face of the earth in the US. Grand Turismo in particular is phenomenal.

Mike said...

I'm a fan of Grand Turismo as well, but I think the new one is probably their best work yet.

You can get it on Amazon if you feel like paying twice the normal price.