26 October 2005

i am getting good

fiona apple - not about love

A few things about this song.

1) The drumming is a mess. In a good way.

2) When it swings around to the chorus and she steps on that pedal on the piano in the pause before the drum comes back in... I enjoy that.

3) I like it when she starts singing almost too fast for the music to keep up with.

4) "What is this posture I have to stare at?" That's what he said when I was sitting up straight.

I thought that maybe this Fiona Apple album was a pile of crap at first (I'm actually a Fiona Apple fan, so I have high expectations) but after giving it more listens I think it's pretty good. I mean, more songs about some dude that did her wrong. Maybe that's getting old. I still dig it. She still seems like she's too smart for anyone.

Anyway, this song is one of the better ones, if you ask me.

No comments: