07 September 2005

i can't

mali music - le relax

I may have mentioned before that I'm a huge fan of Blur. Because of this I'm also willing to give Damon Albarn's side projects a chance. That might be a lie. I never actually listened to the new Gorillaz album.

I did convince my girlfriend to buy the Mali Music album, though, because I thought I might like it. Well, I don't. Not much. I think she liked it for a little while though, so all was not lost.

Today's track is from that album, and is the sort of thing that works well if I'm not paying too much attention to it. But you may enjoy it more than I did. It's certainly not unlikable.

* * * * *

Please someone recommend me something good and fairly unknown to listen to. I need some good memorable music for my upcoming Japan trip. Last time it was Jim O'Rourke's "I'm Happy and I'm Singing and 1,2,3,4" and a newfound appreciation for the power of neo-soul.

I'm going to need some help this time around though. So please, please... recommend me some music for a 14 hour airplane ride and a country filled with overwhelming lights everywhere.

No comments: