30 September 2005

freedom fries

camille - ta douleur

Bjork did this medulla album recently, which was done without any instruments, just voices laid on top of each other to make songs. She had Rahzel and Mike Patton and all these people that could do interesting things with voice. It was a fine idea. But it sucked.

Camille is French. I know this because she sings in a language that sounds like French. Apparently she had the same sort of idea as Bjork, because her album Le fil is also an accapella sort of thing (though is sounds as though the bass parts are done with some instrument). The difference? Camille's album actually sounds good.

Camille sort of has this breathy Fiona Apple thing going on as well (or at least I hear it), and that makes it even better. This song also has some sort of doowopy kinda thing going on.

Anyway, enough about it. Give it a listen. I think you'll find it enjoyable and wonder how I am so in tune with everything. You'll say "why that Mike is a genius! He exposes me to so many wonderful things!"

Then you will think about ways to repay me.

No comments: