24 June 2005

regulators, mount up

aesop rock - no regrets
the crystallites - undertaker's burial
sleater-kinney - the fox
radiohead - trans-atlantic drawl


There's no rhyme or reason to the choices I've put up today other than they're what I've been listening to for the past week.

"No Regrets" is a song that I came across because of meeting DJ in Pittsburgh. DJ is just one of those "internet people" that I somehow decided to go visit. It happens. There's really no further story than that, I guess. "Internet people". Spoooooooky.

Ok, I lied. I haven't listened to the second song "Undertaker's Burial" for quite a while. But I've always dug it. It came from a free Trojan (a reggae record label, not a condom company) sampler that came with an issue of Mojo magazine. I think. I later bought more Trojan samplers collections, but none of them were as good as the one I got for free. This is a pretty upbeat song about a dead guy. I dig the horns.

The third song, "The Fox", is from Sleater-Kinney's new album "The Woods" that I recommend you buy immediately if you dig this song. The album reminds me of Jimi Hendrix's "Axis: Bold As Love" album, but I really have no idea why. It may take you a minute to get used to the singing.

"Trans-Atlantic Drawl" is my final choice for today. In the magnetic field that is my love of music, Radiohead has always been the north pole and also possibly south pole. Everything else is judged on its coordinates in relation. This song was a b-side on the European version of the Pyramid Song single. I enjoy it because it sounds like Radiohead gone wacky looney tunes until the end when it all ends quite sadly and funeral-like. I'd imagine they thought it was funny.

Alright, damnit. I want to know what you think of each and every song. And if you can't bother to say, then you're a freeloading freeloader type of person who takes loads for free.

No comments: