13 June 2005

ouch

cannibal ox - the f-word

When you're a young lad (say about 13-15 years old) everything seems like the end of the world, and when you think you're in love with someone you really have no idea what the hell is going on, really. And while 15-20 years later it's all a laugh, that doesn't make what went on then any less genuine or heartfelt.

Junior high drama is something I think we all went through and all find humorous now. Unless, I suppose, you're still hung up on the girl that dumped you the day before the dinner dance, after you had bought her a corsage. And then her friends tell you she never really like you anyway. Seriously, man, get over it. Jesus. So what if she's like really hot now.

Anyway, the song I'm putting up today, Cannibal Ox's "The F-Word" is sorta like those relationships when you're in junior high or high school or whatever when you like a gal and she says she just wants to be friends. I mean, that's what the song is about. The truth is she never liked you and she doesn't really want to be friends either. She just trying to be nice. You never really had a chance with her anyway. She was out of your league. Well now she's a whore, so actually it worked out for the best.

This whole post has been an in-joke.

No, really. I've always liked this song because it seemed like it came for a very real place. Or at least a place I could identify with from my Jr/High school crushes. And I generally don't get that from Hip-Hop. Whitey.

Let me know how you relate.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

No comments: