20 June 2005

double dare

In the ultimate sign of how many people are paying attention, I had the same link up for both songs (so both links pointed to the lcd song) for four days now, and no one said anything. Encouraging! I need some advertising. Anyway, it's fixed now.

lcd soundsystem - disco infiltrator

iggy pop - nightclubbing


I dunno if yall have looked at Mike's musichorsey music blog- He tries with a flair of history, humor, and general meaninglessness to describe why a particular song he chose to let people download. I usually enjoy his songs, but sometimes there is not enough funk or too much oogly-boogly sadness in his choices. Not that I don't like sad songs. Just oogly-boogly sad songs.


That seems like a fair enough assessment of this blog (I am a proponent of oogly-boogly sadness), so I'm gonna switch it up today and give Jon something to dance to.

The first selection is from LCD Soundsystem's self titled release from earlier this year. The obvious single from the album is a track called "Daft Punk is playing at my house", but I'm not putting that up because it was used as background music during a cut scene at the MTV movie awards. I feel like the whole album may be overexposed already, but that's just because of the web sites I read. So here's a track called "Disco Infiltrator" that reminds me of that Beck album with the pink cover with the green lighting (Midnight Vultures). Except I never really liked that Beck album, and I do enjoy the LCD Soundsytem album.

The second track I've got up, Iggy Pop's "Nightclubbing", is funky, I suppose, but it's a very sleazy dirty "let's go shoot heroin and watch people have violent sex in a dimly lit room" kind of funky, which I don't think I've ever really come across in any other song.

If you can suggest any other songs that you think might accurately fit that description, please let me know about them.

And let's see if I answered the challenge. Right now I'm thinking I probably failed, but I'm probably not done trying.

1 comment:

J said...

i noticed mike,,,but figured what the hell.