17 February 2005

On Wisdom Teeth...

Well, I stay home from work today to go to see Doc Stone about a wisdom tooth that was causing great pain. I expected him to say, "Yeah, that's got to come out. Here's a list of good oral surgeons to call." Instead, he gave me two shots of novacaine and pulled it out with a tool that resembled a pair of pliers. He said to let him know if it hurt too bad. Well, it did so when he stopped I told him. He said he was 3/4 of the way done, but gave me two more shots, and then finished the job...it still hurt, but I'm tough as nails. As soon as he had the tooth out I sat up and rolled up my pants and wiped 3 gallons of sweat off my face and had the helper lady turn a fan on and point it at me. I was glad I didn't throw up, because for a little while I didn't know whether to puke or pass out. I did neither and just drove to mom and dad's and got a drink of water and my mail. So yeah, now I'm just making sure it doesn't bleed too badly by keeping gauze on the hole where the tooth was. I'm waiting for the numbness to go away to see just how bad this is going to hurt.

1 comment:

Mike said...

1) that's an awesome feeling, having the blood all over in your mouth and it's like "I'M A VAMPIRE OF MY OWN BODY!!!" and when you eat cheeseburgers from mcdonalds you have to chew with your front teeth only and it takes like a half hour to complete your cheeseburger.

2) delete the first line in that "blog this" window to avoid that random RIDEHORSEY that started your post. i don't know why it does that.